lunedì 13 dicembre 2010

New Zealand Hikings...The Organization DOESN'T look good!

Yep....I hope I am wrong but I sent and Several e.mails to the Information Offices of the Parks and: Westland Park and Arthur's Pass replied with just some links!!!...I guess they have a lot of work...;o)

Then I wrote to the GREAT WALKS Office Information...ok...On Summer we should Book in advance to visit the parks (and that's really bad) but anyway I live 20.000 Km away from New Zealand so how can I know when I'll be next to Fiordland or Abel Tasman or anywhere else so in advance?....Some of them are also VERY Expensive (Fiordland for example costs 115€ !!!)  so I would like some better information and answers.

I asked that and that's what they replied!!! (No comment!!!)

Hello
Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Milford, Kepler or Routeburn Track.
Bookings for these tracks are required between late October and the end of April each year. (I knew that and for this reason I sent them an e.mail!!) Outside these times (winter season) Backcountry Hut tickets or a Backcountry Hut Pass are required as payment to stay in the Huts and walkers must be totally self sufficient (So we pay 115€ and you don't provide anything and we also must book in advance and if the bus is late and we arrive later what happen?...Do we lose our money??) .

Full information on the tracks, including what to take, track guide, availability of Huts and Campsites and costs can be found on our website(Again an answear using some links!!!)
Milford Track - www.doc.govt.nz/milfordtrack
Kepler Track -
www.doc.govt.nz/keplertrack
Routeburn Track -
www.doc.govt.nz/routeburntrack
Bookings for the 2010/11 season are currently open. Bookings for the 2011/12 season will open on Tuesday 13th of July 2010
Bookings can be made and paid for online from the above track information webpages or by sending the following details to this office
Name and address of contact person
Email address of contact person
Names, ages, gender and Nationality of all walkers
The date and the names of the huts or campsites you wish to stay. Please give an alternative date in case your first choice is fully booked. (Yes but as I asked I cannot know in advance when I'll be able to get each park so...what happens if I book 1 date and because of the buses or any other reason I arrive later or before?)
Payment - we accept Visa or Mastercard. For your own security we do not recommend sending credit card numbers and expiry dates via email. (Yes...the Payment is the only srute thing and it looks also the most important one ;o)!)
If you require more information please get back to me. (I have already done it right now ...so...we'll see what other answer you'll give me, dear Denise ;o)

Regards
Denise

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento