domenica 13 febbraio 2011

Ben Lomond + Arthur's Point - 8 hours hiking 23.7 km- 2.200 mt ascent


Queenstown Trekking – Ben Lomond + Arthur’s point. 23.7 Km 2.200 mt ascent

 Yesterday I went to the DOC to check the weather forecast for today….RAIN, RAIN, RAIN…..well…this morning I woke up and…no rain at all!!...Anyway I preferred to wait…but at 9.30 the weather looked even better so….I agree that the weather forecasts are CRAP in all the world and I decided to get out. 10.00 am I started this very nice hiking. You go uphill from the very beginning…I got the Bel Lomond Summit in 2 hours 20 minutes (7.3 Km and 1.450 mt ascent) 



The panorama was great…I loved that place…after 30 minutes the weather became more cloudy so….I decided to get down quickly cause I wanted to attempt the Arthur’s point as well. 

 During my walk I met a very nice girl….oops…her name is a bit difficult…but I write as I pronounce – Brady :o) She didn’t know if going up to the summit of Ben Lomond or try to get the Arthur’s point
 ….I started for the Arthur’s point and after a while I saw that she was behind me so…I decided to wait for her and we’ll share this great walk together . At the beginning the path was clear but after some miles…all the indications disappeared!!!!...so…we walked and walked and walked…I don’t know if we got the Arthur’s Point but for sure we climbed all the peaks ;o)



23.7 Km and 2.200 mt ascent….it was a great day….the clouds were dark behind us but…not a drop of rain…wow….!!!...

 When we got back we decide to have a super Indian Dinner together…YUMMY….I loved it :o)) Great hike, great company great food and….no rain….I couldn’t wish more!!! :o)
Finally I got back to the hostel to take a shower and……woooow….a Huge Rain arrived!!!! I couldn’t believe…. Destiny? :o)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento