venerdì 4 febbraio 2011

Te Anau

Te Anau

Te Anau is a small town (I mean almost a village) on the south of New Zealand.  It’s nice and next to the lake. Very clean. Like almost all the towns in New Zealand there is nothing to do except drinking or shopping (anyway more expensive than in Europe – especially hiking shops)
 I am staying here for2 days waiting for the next “wet hiking” in Millford Sound. Yep…the weather forecasts are bad for the next days.
I am spending 3 nights at Backpackers Front Lake Hostel. The staff is ok…not really friendly. The place is not bad but 1 bathroom for 3 rooms (about 12 persons) is not so good….They advertise WIFI internet…well…I purchased it…(Very expensive) 1 hour 5 NZ$!!!...I got 4 hours but after my log in I realized that it was the slowest internet connection I have had since I was in New Zealand!!!...



I got angry…..people (all very young kids (17/24) looked me like a strange person….cause they use to accept anything (they’ll learn with the age) and at the end the staff refunded me all the amount I aid for the internet “disconnection”!!  They were not happy….yep cause usually the guys  don’t use to protest even if they are not satisfied…so…I was considered the….”Black Sheep” ;o)



Anyway I got another  WIFI connection that was  much better and cheaper as well from another closer hotel and the signal was strong enough.
I went to the DOC to ask some information about my next trek to Millford Sound….wow…they showed me a  small paper with the weather forecast (just a copy) and they even didn’t give me one…what a cheap people!!!...I mean…I paid almost 300 NZ$ to make this trek so…..They could give me at least a copy of  the weather forecasts…at the DOC  you can find some nice persons or sometimes some unfriendly ones…it depends on how they slept the night before I  guess ;o)
 Then I had a nice walk next to the lake and finally I went to buy a waterproof liquid for my clothes. Then I got a Pizza and an Omlette for less than 20 NZ$ (You can drink all the water you want for free) , not bad.

2 commenti:

  1. http://buenosaires.giorgioshouse.com6 febbraio 2011 alle ore 09:29

    Ah ah ah!
    Mi hai fatto ridere tanto con la tua storia di Internet.
    Mi sta interesando NZ per lavorare...
    Penna che sembra un po calma la vitta...non come a Buenos Aires.
    Non ci sono delli "piquetes" ...

    RispondiElimina
  2. Gia...Relax qua però sanno come lavorare e lavorano bene :o)

    RispondiElimina