venerdì 4 febbraio 2011

Routeburn Track - 32 Km 2 days


Routeburn  Track
It’s a very nice track. The weather can change very quickly. The DOC weather forecast were good…well…I got so much rain I have never got before ;o)
 I started from Routeburn Shelter and my first target was mckenzie hut. Almost all trampers stop at Routeburn Falls Hut but I decided to stop after.


During the first hour the weather was not too bad but then….wow…a lot and a lot of rain. I stopped for a while at Routeburn Falls Hut. I ate something…all the trekkers looked me like a crazy cause I had to continue my hike…Rain and wind…I started again my hike. Wind and rain. The track was almost a river. Water anywhere!!


 ...2 hours later a got  a small shelter. I had 10 minutes relax and then I started again…I made a mistake cause I got old….wow…so cold…I was totally wet…feet…everywhere…I started to run to feel less cold!!!....Rain everywhere… the walk was very difficult because o f the Next to the fire there were hundreds boots and clothes anyway with the hope they could get dry! :o)


 The next day the weather was nice (finally) and I could also take some pictures…I started my walk to Divide (The end of the Routeburn) at 9.20 a.m. Actually you need 3 hours 30 minutes but if you want to enjoy the views, consider 4 h. 30 minutes


 I loved this trek…you see lakes, waterfalls, woods….it’s mpressive…pity for the first day
About the Routeburn Trek: Total Km 32.4 – Moving Avg 4.3 Km/h – Total Ascent  1.500 mt (1.100 the first day) Highest point 1.260 mt



2 commenti:

  1. wow what a perfect images of Routeburn Track thanks for sharing

    RispondiElimina
  2. Great pictures, great story... very helpful thank you !
    Michael, Israel

    RispondiElimina