venerdì 14 gennaio 2011

Finally at AUCKLAND!


Wow…what a long travel. Rome – Dubai / Dubai-Kuala Lampur / Kuala Lampur – Melbourne / Melbourne – Auckland. Departure from Rome at 15.00 (Italian Time) on Jan. 12, 2011 Arrival to Auckland on Jan 14, 2011 at 13.45 Auckland Time.

Flight Company – Emirates


 It’s a good company to fly with. Seats are ok. Entertainment is good. A lot of movies in seeral languages. Funny things…you eat with some big forks and knives in METAL and we cannot bring any small scissors!!!!!... ;o)

I tried to change my “bio Watch” and sleep at a similar time of Auckland to better and faster adapt my ody to the  new time but I’ll see if it works cause the difference time is 12 hours forward.
Anyway. Emirates is 60/90 minutes late all the times. Well…finally I got Auckland. I went to the passport control and a police woman said that my passport was not “regular” cause it was “broken”…I said that I travelled anywhere with it an I have never had any problems but….she told me to wait on the corner….15 minutes later a policeman came and he told the same things…ok…the passport is in paper so if you use it a lot its normal that it’s no more new…anyway…I had to wait 15 more minutes…finally another policeman came and he told me that I could pass!!!... 




My "Broken" passport!!!!


I got the Bags claim and wow….my backpack was there waiting for me…oops…another policeman (bio control) wanted to check my tent to see if it was…”contamined”!!...20 more minutes…finally they gave me my tent back but I had to fit it inside the sac!

Good welcome I say :o)  Now it’s time to discover. I took the bus shuttle – “airbus Express – www.airbus.co.nz  There is a bus each 15 minutes 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It costs 16 NZ$ one way and 23 NZ$ Return. You get the center after 35 minutes drive. I stopped at the stop number 3 (city center) cause it’s close to the main bus station and 2 minutes walk away there is a Hostel (Base Hostel) not that great but ok for just 2 nights. 26 NZ$ per night only bed in a 4 beds room






...and then a nice walk in Auckland with a huge Pasta with Seafood! ;o)

3 commenti:

  1. Sono contenta di leggere che sei arrivato bene. Ti vedo in forma :-) Divertiti! baci, Marie

    RispondiElimina
  2. Ehilà Marie :o)
    Grazie per il saluto. Qui tutto ok. Sembra che col fuso orario non abbia avuto grossi problemi...nonostante l'età! ;o))

    Bacioni

    RispondiElimina
  3. Naturally, we are inclined to be so mathematical and calculating that we look upon uncertainty as a bad thing...Certainty is the mark of the common-sense life. To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, we do not know what a day may bring forth. This is generally said with a sigh of sadness; it should rather be an expression of breathless expectation.

    RispondiElimina