martedì 18 gennaio 2011

From National Park to Nelson


From National Park (Tongariro) to Nelson (South Island)


Long but nice trip. I took the Tranz Scenic Train. This train traverse all the country and you can see the beautiful  landscape. The cost of the trip from  National Park to Wellington by train was 82 NZ$. Train always a bit late. Departure time  14.00. The landscape is very green and it reminds me the Ireland. 
  
Thousands sheeps . Weather was rainy but not all the time.  After 5 hours 30 minutes I got Wellington. In front of the train station there is a Hostel. I decided to spend there the night. 28 NZ$ for a basic accommodation in a 4 bunk beds room.  No towels no breakfast no free Internet (Free Internet doesn’t exist in New Zealand…only Mc Donalds and a very few places!. At the hostel I bought the ferry ticket to get the South Island (55 NZ$). January 19, wake up at 6 a.m.   I went to the market inside the train station and I got some food for my breakfast.  At 7.25 at the Platform 9 I got the shuttle bus for the ferry (2 NZ$)
I got the ferry . Departure time 8.22 a.m. 


We arrived at 11.30 (3 hours) .


The day is very beautiful and sunny. I got my bag and I bought the bus ticket for Nelson (the office is just next to the bag claim), price 26 NZ$ . It took  2 hours 20 minutes to get Nelson. I arrived and there was a man from Tasman Bay Backpackers Hostel waiting. I went to this hostel. Nice Atmosphere, 25 NZ$ per night . The ownere is very friendly. Tomorrow at 7 a.m. I’ll go to visit the Abel Tasman Park


2 commenti:

  1. Ciao Giorgio, complimenti per il bel blog internazionale sui viaggi :-)
    Fabrizio

    RispondiElimina
  2. Ehilà Fabrizio :o) Ti potrà essere utilie se un giorno deciderai di andare :o)

    RispondiElimina