domenica 16 gennaio 2011

Tongariro National Park - First day


Today wake up at 7.20 a.m.  departure at 09.00 by bus.  

I walked 10 minutes from the hostel to the bus station with my 29 Kg backpacks

Ohakune (Bus) BUS  from Auckland but I decided to stop to National Park (a very small village closer to the entrance of the Tongariro– 09.00 a.m. – 15.00 – 36 NZ$  https://reservations.coachbookings.co.nz/

I got National Park at 3 p.m. and immediately I went for a hiking to a small waterfall. A very nice hike through the wood.


 All the roads looks desert. Almost nobody on the streets…you can play a football game in the middle :o)


National Park looks like a Ghost village but this is very nice to relax my mind :o)
The hostel I got is called Park. It’s nice but  bit overpriced. 40 NZ$ per night in a 4 room bedrooms without breakfast and towel!!!...Anyway I’ll stay just 2 days – PROBLEM: NO Hostel, till now, offerd free Wifi Internect connection. I have always had to pay
About the small Trek:
Total Km: 14.5 – Avg speed 4.3Km/h – Walked time 3 hours 325 min . Time Stopped 57 minutes Tot Ascent: 622 mt

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento